Sunday, January 13, 2008

God Loves Me Unconditionally and He is Pleased With Me

Amazing, isn't it?

Say it to yourself as you read it. God loves me unconditionally, and He is pleased with me.

One sentence so easily read.. but is it as easily believed? I am learning the answer to that question is yes. It's really quite that simple. God does love me. He is pleased with me.

How could it be that a person like myself is worthy of such love? An unconditional love. How can it be possible that I can make mistakes, and make them over and over again, yet He still loves me? Because that is the truth. The truth is in His word. He tells me, and He shows me, every single day. I'm learning to see Him, even in the darkest of days... To hear Him, even while my mind is so congested with consuming thoughts.

The past couple of weeks have been an awakening to me. God has chosen this time to convict me of things that I have been dismissing. Mostly I am being reminded that I am not leaning on Him as I should. I somehow developed the idea that I could control my life. I could create what I wanted or didn't want. I could fix people. I could get through everything or anything on my own. Wow... silly, huh? I actually started to believe that I, let me say that again... I... was calling the shots in life. This is about the time I should start to snicker. I don't control a thing, nor do I feel I'm capable of that control. God is the one that is leading me through this ordeal. He has a plan in mind, and I know He has a purpose for this. There are times that I really wished He would show me the purpose, but to be honest... I am thankful that He isn't showing me anything but today. Today is all I can handle right now, and tomorrow, He'll give me what I need to deal with what happens then.

As some of you know, I am reading Romans right now, and my oh my... if there is book that I need to be reading right now, well Romans is it. I am being reminded of how pure God's love is, and He wants so much to share it with me. He actually showers me with His love. And not just a bit of it.. or a little trickle of it. He pours it on me. I wonder if any of you ever stop and think about that. He just pours His love onto you and just can't wait for you to dance in happiness with Him.

I almost can't believe it. I don't think I'd be able to believe it, if it wasn't spoken to me in His word. I doubt my worth of His undying and perfect love-but WOW- it's mine!!! What amazes me most... He doesn't say I'll love you if... I'll forgive you if... you will be my child if...

How wonderful is it that God doesn't say IF ?

How wonderful is it that God just IS.

I hope you have a wonderful day, and please at least once read that first line to yourself, and as you read it, believe it. It's true. It just is.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Amy, I am so proud of you. You are growing! You are believing! I love you sis!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is OVERWHELMING to imagine even! and I struggle with accepting His death as being enough for MY sin. ~sigh~

I am missing the testing forum too, but it takes sooo long sometimes for my comments to appear that I really don't feel like a part of the conversation. One day I WILL get a digital camera so I can change that~LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi