Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Little Mixture of Tidbits

Well.. today's post is just as the title says.. a little mixture of recent tidbits. Things have been crazy hectic it seems, and I've not had a chance to post anything. I've had my little daycare friend, Charlie and my hands have been pretty full!



So, what's new in my world? For starters, I can't stop raving about my new hooks! I'm in awe when I look at them, and I think I'd rather frame them than use them! I'm a proud new owner of two TOTC hooks, and they are such a work of art.
I'm just as excited to have my newest one, that just came in the mail today. It's another lovely handmade wooden hook, and then a metal hook of your choice is inserted when you purchase it. I love it!! The colours are perfect and it is called Key Lime Pie.

Well, could it get more interesting than that? You betcha!! Now, I guess I shouldn't go tootin' my own horn, but please allow me a big BEEP BEEP! May I please introduce you to my latest project....






Yup, you got it! I'm learning to knit! Uh huh, me, Miss Can't Handle More Than One Hook is doing it! These floppy, smackin' the arms of my chairs things they call knitting needles are slowly teasing me into being my friends. I've joined the world of having a second yarn talent! Oh.. did I say talent? Well.. I.. umm.. ok, so it's not a talent, more like abilitly.. well, no.. not ability, gee.. it's more like a "let's pretend I'm a knitter" kind of talent! Yeah, that works~ I'm a pretend knitter, and I'm proud of it!!! Anyway, my big project that is waaaay over this little head of mine is a lovely Aran Sweater. I am making it with Paton's Decor since it was the closest option available to match the original yarn chosen. It's nice to work with, and so far so good. Besides one big gaping hole, it's working out ok.

Someone please step up and tell me how to correct a knitting mistake, because right now I'm just going to blame it on Sophie for snagging against something she walked by!!!! Either that, or I will just say it was a gift and I'm being polite by wearing it on her! Poor little girl.. to think I would make her wear anything I attempt to knit!

Speaking of my poor, unfortunate daughter, I'm very lucky she is still speaking to me lately. There is something to be said about a daughter's love for her mother. My beautiful little girl with hair down her back needed a trim. Me being the "wow, I'm such a talented money saving mother" decided that I should go ahead and do it myself. Afterall, it was very straggly (yeah, not the best english, but it works here) and all different lengths. I couldn't style it anymore and it always had to have it pulled up in a ponytail. I thought that it would be good of me to trim it up to one length and finally take that plunge.



SPLASH is all I can say.



Oh my... Bella Scissor Hands is on the loose. I guess I got a bit scissor happy and didn't realize it, because by the time it was even and all one legth (besides the bangs) my little girl had a BOB. Ok, I don't really find that funny, even though she is beautiful, gorgeous, and I do think she's precious this way. I want her hair to reach her bum, and now it doesn't reach her chin!! It's a good thing she isn't even three yet. Thankfully she has a few years left in life to grow it all out! It's nice and even though, and so much healthier looking. But, never, never, never, again will I go near that poor innocent little victim I refer to as my daughter with any type of hair tool other than a brush! And make that a really dull one that can't even pull out a hair!





Now, my boys on the other hand... they've also suffered me trying to be an efficient mother that can cut their hair. At least I can use clippers on theirs, and the like it buzzed, so I'm not so angry about them :) I'm pretty powerful with a set of clippers~ look out hair stylists... I'm on the loose!




6 comments:

LadySnow said...

THose hooks are absolutely gorgeous!

Anna said...

Ahhh...her hair is so cute!!! She looks absolutely adorable. Give yourself some credit. I won't go near anyone's hair with scissors. Your hooks are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Hey Darlin'

I'm keeping up with your life thru your blog! OMG! SOPHIE!!!!...I can't believe how much she is growing up! What a big little girl.... :) I miss you so much, Love. Things are well here. Alot of stress with learning the new job but it's alright. Drop me a line and let me know how things are on your end. How do you start one of these things and how do you post pictures. I want to start one now.

xo Lori

Crochetingangel said...

Sophie looks absolutely adorable, her is cute. Anna's right you need to give yourself some credit. I cut my girl's and boy's hair all the time, not always perfect but hey it works. You did a good job. I like it.

You weren't kidding about those hooks they are gorgeous.

Bella Rae said...

Hey Lori,
I'm so glad you're reading :) I know, she sure is growing up fast. Too fast!! I'll give you a call soon, k? This blog is really easy to get started, and you'll have it up and running no time! I can't wait til you get started, you always had such a gift of writing.
xo

Bella Rae said...

Thanks for the ego boost of the haircuts, ladies!!

Gotta love the hooks, too! I'm in awe of them. I haven't worked with them yet, but as soon as I have a project that calls for those sizes, I'll be sure to let you know how they are :) xo