Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Beware of Marshmallows

Marshmallows Attack.

You'd never think it was possible, huh? An innocent fluffy little marshmallow capable of being a threat to your well being? Impossible? NO, it's not. They may look innocent and sweet. They may be cute and spongey~but beware. That's all just a disguise. Marshmallows really are quite vicious. They lure you in with their soft and gooey goodness, but then they pounce on you when you least expect it. Still don't believe me? Well then you better take a look at the proof.
UH HUH... There's no denying the truth now, is there? These little characters are out of control. If any of you value your fingers, I would suggest being very cautious when dealing with them. They trick you into thinking how much you would love them when they get all velvety and warm... Yeah... that's when they reel you in and attack!!!! I can still hear them snickering at me while they lay fixed to Rice Crispies cut into squares. See, they thought they were clever. Well, I proved that I'm just as clever. I showed them who's boss. Mess with me? I'll mess right back~ now they are glued to a bunch of cereal and getting ready to walk the plank and slide down 22 hungry little monsters' throats. Let's see who gets the last laugh!! ;)


Since it is Valentines Day tomorrow I decided it would be fun to send in some treats to Alexander's classroom. My poor finger is still hurting and I'm barely able to type. Man those things can burn right through your skin!! I screamed it hurt so bad. Tyler came running to see what happened to me as the flesh was slowly melting off the bones. Sounds dramatic, huh? Well, let's just say I warned you. The next time a bag of marshmallows taunt you, I suggest that you turn and run in the other direction. Don't be fooled by their clever disguise.

We are sitting in the middle of another nasty storm here, today. Here is a view from my backyard winter not-so-wonderland.


Schools and just about everything else have been cancelled for the day. Right now it has changed to freezing rain. It's really cold and wet out there. The kids and I ran out to get some Valentines for their classmates this morning, but we've stayed inside for the rest of the day. We've had the fire on, and a delicious turkey dinner in the oven. It's one of those warm you up kind of meals.

Valentine's Day came early for me this year! Look what showed up here last night for me!


Pretty, huh? I love roses, well any flowers for that matter. They just always seem to make a room feel more feminine.
Here's one last picture to show you before I go tend to dinner. I finally, and I stress finally got my doily done for Anna. I don't have time to block it because it has to be packed for the mail tomorrow. I promised myself I would get it done today, and it is her favourite kind, a PK doily. I made it with DMC Cebelia, my favourite thread. It's an antique pink colour, I love this shade. I've got some yummies coming your way Anna, and now I can fold this up and tuck it in, too!! You're officially one doily closer to reaching your 37 quota.


I hope you are having a wonderful day, I'm going to sulk about my finger a little more and finish up supper. I'll wait for hubby to come home, and maybe squeeze a little sympathy out of him! Surely a melted finger is worthy of a back rub?
xo

3 comments:

Anna said...

Ohhhhh...what a beautiful doily. I can't wait to recieve it. And your flowers are gorgeous! I'm a little jealous...I don't have any. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Laurie said...

I have been burnt before by those sneaky marshmallows!! But those yummy krispie treats are almost worth it!! I hope your finger feels better.
Lovely roses, such a beautiful color! Happy Valentine's Day!

P.S. Thank you for stopping by my blog...

Priscilla said...

Hi, I am new to your blog and want to say I hope your finger is feeling a little better, I burned my finger once on a tin from the oven, I remember it clearley I also screamed and it hurt for ages! Sneeky little marshmallows, with their wicked ways!

Priscilla x