Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!


Only you aren't a baby anymore! You're 3!!!! My little baby girl has grown into a beautiful big girl, and it seems like it happened overnight. I am so proud of you, Sophie. I love you! xoxo
Our day was so filled up that I didn't have time to post all of this yesterday. We had such a fun day. Sophie's birthday seemed to last for three days! It seemed that each time we turned around another person came over for a visit to give her a present. People are so kind :) We are a very lucky family.
So, to let you in on what our evening celebration was like.... in one word~ PIZZA !! Who doesn't love a good pizza? What could be better to kids than a big yummy pizza? Well, a big yummy pizza that we made together!! Yes, I am guilty of relying on store bought pizza when I'm in a pinch and want an easy meal. Well, my days of guilt are all over :) I decided last night that we were going to make our own for fun, and it was way better!! Not to mention how much healthier, too!




We had so much fun making these pizzas. We laughed, and teased, and to be honest, I was so happy to be working with Sophie. I really believe that a little girl learns at a young age what it means to tend her home and her family at a very young age. Every time we do something like that side by side it shows her how important it is to take care of her family. It also shows her that it can be fun!! When we "women" take care of our families, sometimes it can become such a chore. But, there is such an upside to it as well. It is a joy and a blessing that we are able to take care of our family. It is also a joy and a blessing that we have a family to take care of. Aren't we fortunate??!! YUP! You bet we are!!

Well, we ended up making two pizzas, and they were so yummy! We made the crust out of a great recipe that I found at Hillbilly Housewife. I love this site, it's full of such delicious meal ideas. I've tried several and they were all wonderful. Anyway, the recipe we used for the dough is called Homemade Biscuits and it turned out perfect. I'll certainly make this again. The kids loved it so much, that they have asked if we can have pizza night every Friday night. Sounds great to me! It's healthy, and yummy, and my children love it. It can't get much better than that! Plus, it's fun to make, and they get excited about it. It's a hit!

Sophie got lots of nice treats for her birthday, and she was so happy! She got some nice new clothes, a crocheted head scarf, a big child size plush Dora doll, a new princess movie, Dora fork and spoon, two story books, some crayons and colouring book, and a Tinkerbell head band and glove set. So cute!! She's such a precious little thing.



The yumminess (great vocabulary there!) didn't stop at the pizza. We had cake and ice cream, too. I bought the cake, because I wanted the pink icing piped around it. She wanted a pink cake and pink icecream, lol that was her big request. So, I got the cake, and then I decorated it. I got bunny marshmallows and little Easter coloured jelly beans, and had lots of fun! I made it into a little bunny Easter egg cake. LOADED with way too much sugar, but oh, sooooo good!! mmmmmmmm ;)




We had an awesome night. After we had all our treats, we settled in to watch the new princess movie. Even the boys managed to sit through it all with minimal groans! lol poor boys. It was a pretty movie, though. The colours are amazing in this movie. Sophie loved it, and that's all that matters in the end. Everyone was getting a bit tired out after the big sugar rush they were on. Steve fell asleep on the couch while watching the movie. The boys were getting pretty groggy by the end of it, too.

When the movie was done, I began to get my second wind. I did a quick search online to find some dishcloth patterns to keep me busy until the Winter Wonderland Ensemble pattern gets posted. I was only online for a few minutes when all seemed to get nice and quiet. I turned around to find this...

How cute is that? I guess we were a little more tired than we thought! As a mom, I find I really love these moments. Look how innocent he is... wow, to be think I've been blessed with these little critters.

Only, my other son wasn't so tired, lol he thought he should get the party started back up again. So, what better thing to do but show my maturity level.


Uh huh.. I'm not much older than 3, myself :) We took a few more pictures, and had a bit more fun and laughs.

Well, I've got lots to do this morning, I'm taking my children to see Alvin and the Chipmunks at the theatre for a treat today. Gramma sent them some Valentine's Day cards with a bit of money in it for us to use to go to the movies. I think that was a pretty awesome idea, so I'm very thankful. Today will be a fun day!

Take care everyone, and have a wonderful day. Remember to give someone a cuddle! xo

7 comments:

Crochetingangel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE!!!! So happy to hear that y'all had such a wonderful weekend of b-day fun. Your so right our babies do grow up so fast. Your children are just so adorable. I do love that pic of you as well, too funny, lol

Anna said...

What a fun birthday party! I wish I could have been there. It sure looks like you all had a blast making that pizza and eating the sugar loaded cake. Happy Birthday to Sophie!!!

LadySnow said...

Happy belated birthday!!!!! May the Lord bless you and keep you. :D

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday, Sophie! It looks like a great and fun party!
~Kell

Priscilla said...

Hi, What fun you all looked to have, I remember my birthdays, cakes, gifts family, reading your post brought it all back to me..... I have been wanting to make homemade pizzas for a while now, thank you for the links

Priscilla x

Faith said...

awwwww thanks for sharing your lovely photos and what a fun birthday party

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE!"

faith scratch and alicexx

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful little Sophie! You have a beautiful family! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. Hope to see you again!
Barbara