Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Friendship

Isn't it wonderful?

Friendships are a blessing, and I am so thankful for each and every one that I have.

I have made new on-line friends, and I consider them to be some of the most special people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know. Each one of them have touched my life in a different way. I have learned so many different things from you. Some have taught me baking ideas, some have taught me crafting tips, some have provided spiritual wisdom, and some have quite simply just made me smile. What a joy each of you are to me!

I would like to share two special gifts that came in the mail for me. The first one I'm going to show you is a swap package. I was a member of a swap at Lullabies and Lace, and my good friend Deborah was my partner. This is what she sent to me...



Isn't that awesome? Look at all those yummy treats! I've been having my new tea each morning, and let me tell you it's really good. I've never had this type before. The red box is what I'm drinking in the morning. It's called Awake. What a lovely flavour it has.. and with those shortbread cookies... Just posting this is making me want to go brew another cup! What a sweet friend, Deborah is. I'm very thank for this gift.

The next package that I would like to share with you came from my dear friend Melanie. I met Melanie at Lullabies and Lace and she has taught me so much. I'm sure she doesn't even realize the impact that she's had on my life. This is a true Christian lady. I am honoured to have her as my friend. Anyone that gets to know her will be so happy they did.

Before I show you the package there is a little something else I want to share with you. I'll give you a little explanation first about why the next package is so incredible to me.

Do you know what is so amazing about how God works? I registered one day to be a tester at a crochet forum. That's all I was there for. Plain and simply just to crochet. Little did I know what would be waiting for me there. He had it all figured it out. He led me there for my passion to crochet, and there was a purpose behind it all. Nothing just happens. God makes it happen. When I got there, I found two ladies that I had no idea would be used by God for anything other than friends to crochet with. Anna and Melanie are these two ladies. Allow me to sing their praises just for a few more seconds before I embarrass them both!! Sorry ladies, but I have to tell the truth here ;) I have learned so much from both of these women. They are women that lead by example, not just words. They live by the word of Christ. What a treasure each of them are to me! True wives and mothers, and followers of Jesus. I love you both, dearly. I thank you for all you have shown me and taught me. I appreciate you for the talks and the guidance, and the support. You are beautiful.

So, now that I am sure they are blushing and getting ready to swat me for embarrassing them like that, I'd like to get back to my package from Melanie. That little explanation from before sort of backs up what I received in this gift. I was given one of the most remarkable books I've ever owned. Melanie's kindness and generousity really shines through.


I have been seeking to be a better wife. I want to become my husband's Help Meet. When I say this, I don't mean just little things here and there, I mean the whole thing. I want to be the woman and wife God created me to be. I was lacking... oh my was I ever lacking! I've been searching people from all over trying to find wisdom on how to change~how to improve. God gave me all the tools, I guess I just had to learn how to use them. What I didn't realize is the person that could offer me the extra tool that I needed was right there the whole time! She had the book that would turn things around for me. So, finally, lol after all my gabbing, here is the book!!




Yup! There is is!! I'm so excited to own this. I have only just begun my reading, and already my heart is changing. I think it began to change on the first page. If any of you are seeking what your role is meant to be within your marriage? This is your answer. I just can't say enough about this book. It's life changing. Thank you, Melanie. Thank you so much.


Well, if that wasn't good enough, she sent me a whole box full of goodies! Take a look at this...



All I can say is I am one lucky girl! Yarn, patterns, and oops! I just noticed I forgot to include the tea! Well, she also sent me lovely green tea with peach, and green tea with honey. mmmmm Like I said, I'm a lucky girl!


I hope you all have a wonderful day, and that you aren't asleep after all my ramblings ;)


God bless!

6 comments:

LadySnow said...

I am so glad that you liked your package. I pray that you will open your heart, mind, and ears to what the Lord has to share with you. :D

Anna said...

Ladysnow is such a delightful friend and a wonderful woman of God. She also encourages me in my personal walk with the Lord. You have been blessed by knowing her.

Priscilla said...

Hi, I just wanted to say I am s pleased you have found these wonderful ladies in your life. the treats you recieved are lovley, enjoy your tea and cookies......

Priscilla x

Crochetingangel said...

You are so right and God had his reasons for bringing you to Lullabies. Anna and LadySnow are certainly blessings from God. I have been blessed many times over in my life knowing them and their blogs. Being at Lullabies has been a life changing experience. I am so happy for you, your package and that it is changing your heart.

Bella Rae said...

Kim, I also consider myself very fortunate to have you as my friend. You have a beautiful heart, and I adore you. xo

Laurie said...

What wonderful treasures you have received! I have seen this book before and wondered if it was any good ~
Have a beautiful Thursday!